Big League Jobs: White House Announces a New Multi-Billion Dollar Investment to Create American Jobs
By Neil A. Carousso
Charter Communications has pledged to invest $25 billion in broadband infrastructure over the next four years. This investment will create 20,000 American jobs.
“This is great for their workers, it’s great for the customers and it’s certainly great for the United States,” said President Trump in making the announcement.
Today, I was thrilled to announce a commitment of $25 BILLION & 20K AMERICAN JOBS over the next 4 years. THANK YOU Charter Communications! pic.twitter.com/PLxUmXVl0h
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 24, 2017Charter Chairman and CEO Tom Rutledge said the company had been insourcing jobs over the last five years since Time Warner Cable sent jobs overseas. Charter acquired Time Warner and Bright House Networks in May 2016 for $79 billion.
“We found that we can actually do better with high-quality, high-skilled American workers,” Rutledge said. “We’ve been doing that and our company was so successful we were able to do (that) huge transaction … and put together this tremendous company.”
Rutledge said the new U.S. jobs will be “high-paying” with pensions and health coverage.
“They are the kind of jobs that people want. They are good, solid middle-class jobs,” he said.
“Texas is number one in the nation for job creation because of the pro-business climate that we have,” Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) said at The White House meeting applauding job creation for the Lone Star State. “We have the right workforce to take care of the needs like Charter Communications. This is a win-win. It’s a win for the president, it’s a win for Charter, it’s a win for the great state of Texas.”
Below is an updated list of the Big League Jobs announced since Mr. Trump’s election. Roughly $107.7 billion in investments has been announced with approximately 1,883,700 U.S. jobs being created that can be credited to President Trump’s pro-growth, pro-business policies.
1. Carrier: Keeping 1,100 American jobs instead of sending to Mexico
2. SoftBank CEO Masayoshi Son: Investing $50 billion to create 50,000 American jobs
3. Sprint: Bringing back 5,000 jobs to the U.S. that were sent overseas
4. OneWeb (new company): Creating 3,000 jobs in the U.S. (associated with Son’s guarantee)
5. Ford: Cancels $1.6 billion plant in Mexico, saving 3,500 American jobs. Creating new innovative center as an expansion of its Flat Rock, MI plant by investing $700 million in the U.S. and creating 700 American jobs
6. Qualcomm and Apple will invest in SoftBank’s new technology fund, SoftBank Vision Fund that is being used to create 50,000 American jobs.
7. Fiat Chrysler announces it would spend $1 billion on U.S. manufacturing, including modernizing plants in Michigan and Ohio, adding 2,000 new American jobs.
8.. Toyota will spend $10 billion in U.S. capital investments and will expand its U.S. plants over the next five years.
9. Alibaba Chief Executive Jack Ma met with Trump to discuss the creation of 1 million American jobs, specifically focusing on small business growth.
10. Amazon will create 100,000 jobs in the first year and a half of the Trump Presidency.
11. Wal-Mart will create 10,000 jobs in the U.S. this year.
12. General Motors will invest $1 billion in its U.S. factories this year, moving some parts of production from Mexico to the United States that was previously handled by a supplier.
13. Toyota will add 400 American jobs to build more SUVs at an Indiana assembly plant.
14. Amgen will add 1,600 jobs.
15. Intel will invest $7 billion in innovation in an Arizona factory, creating 3,000 specialist positions and 10,000 support jobs.
16. Delta announces it will hire 25,000 jobs over the next 5 years.
17. Lockheed Martin will create 1,800 new jobs.
18. Exxon Mobil will invest $20 billion to create 35,000 temporary construction jobs and 12,000 high-wage permanent jobs.
19. Charter Communications will invest $25 billion in broadband infrastructure over the next four years to create 20,000 high-paying, highly beneficial American jobs.
Featured Image: White House Pool.
Leave a Reply